The single admittance price allows admission to:
• The exhibit floor
• All Seminars
• All Papers
• All Tutorials
• All Panel Discussions
• Many Networking Opportunities
• Breakfast and lunch Saturday and Sunday
• Banquet on Saturday Evening
• Cocktail party at the close of the event on Sunday
The Winter Symposium will offer the most diverse group of attendees, exhibitors, and content to date. The Winter Symposium is the weekend before the 2015 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES).
ALMA is a not for profit international trade association dedicated to improving the design and manufacture of loudspeakers. ALMA’s membership is comprised of loudspeaker designers and manufacturers as well as suppliers of test and measurement equipment and other products, consultants and other service providers to the loudspeaker industry.
Individuals, academic institutions, and educators, participating in the loudspeaker industry are encouraged to join. ALMA enjoys and welcomes a global membership. The organization was founded in 1961 as “The American Loudspeaker Manufacturers Association.” In 2001, ALMA changed to “Association of Loudspeaker Manufacturing and Acoustics International" to reflect a global reach and to embrace a more diverse membership.
ALMA is offering several sponsorship opportunities to manufacturers and individuals for this year’s Winter Symposium.
Sponsorships include $1,000 Platinum, $500 Gold, $300 Silver, and $200 Bronze sponsorships for events such as the President’s Invitational Dinner on Friday, the Annual Awards Banquet on Saturday, the symposium program, the closing cocktail party, drinks and jazz entertainment, and Winter Symposium pens.
For 2015, ALMA International’s Winter Symposium theme is “Digitally Driven Loudspeakers: A New Paradigm Demands New Designs.” There will be two focus areas. The Business Track has content for business owners, marketers, product developers, and sales professionals. The Technical Track contains the engineering and technical content for which ALMA is famous.
The original allotment of 8 × 10 exhibit booths for the Winter Symposium 2015 was quickly sold out but ALMA has arranged for added space to accommodate more exhibitors!
“We could not be more pleased with the exhibitors who have stepped up and committed to what will be our biggest and most robust Winter Symposium ever. This added space will allow more participation and more exposure for exhibitors to our targeted and highly qualified attendees,” says ALMA Vice President Mark Beach.
Confirmed exhibitors include: Listen, G.R.A.S., Globe Composites, Wavecor, Ferrotec, Solvay Specialty Polymers, Audiostar, Klippel, Materion, Parts Express, Menlo Scientific, WiSA, audioXpress, Scan-Speak, DIRAC, and more!
Confirmed speakers include: Steve Temme, Wolfgang Klippel, Rob Baum, Daniel Knighten, Sean Olive, and many more!
Just a few of the subjects being discussed:
• Panel Discussion on a topic that is gaining steam; Build it here, or source it overseas. The answer will vary by application and company needs. A discussion and guide. Business Track
• Standards and specs. Is a universally accepted standard possible?
• Speaker science. From concepts and materials to considerations to assure desired results, and more.
• Content for Engineers and Designers. Content for Sales and Marketing. Content for CEO's and Execs.
• Seminar on speaker science focussed on what makes a speaker work, what are specs and how to use them. Thiel/Smalls; understanding and using them. Application; Putting it all together to build the correct driver for the application. Presented by Rob Baum of Pacific Audio Consulting. Business and Technical Track
• Panel discussion by the various groups involved in establishing standards and measures for the loudspeaker industry. Is it possible to agree on a common standard? Technical Track
To register for Winter Symposium 2015 or book exhibitor’s space, go to ALMA’s website