The Alcons Pro-Ribbon Immersive Experience has been a highlight of all the trade shows it attends and ISE 2017 was no exception, with a ‘full house’ at demonstrations that took place throughout the show. As an official ISE Technology Partner, Alcons systems also ensured that attendees heard every word of presentations in two of the main demonstration theatres.
Having made its ISE debut last year, this year the Pro-Ribbon Immersive Experience returned in expanded form, with immersive presentations for both the CEDIA/Residential and InfoComm/Pro-AV installation market visitors. The addition of Astro Spatial Audio (ASA) to the demonstrations also meant that, for the first time, the Pro-Ribbon Immersive Experience included demonstrations for a wide range of live applications.
Alcons worked closely with ASA, Barco, DreamScreen and Trinnov to deliver the demonstrations in an acoustically-optimized demo room. The audio system was a hybrid 9.X.8 immersive surround configuration, used to reproduce native and upmixed Dolby Atmos, Auro-3D and DTS:X content, as well as ASA 3D material using that company’s SARA II Premium Rendering Engine.
“ISE was a great success for Astro Spatial Audio and our participation in the Pro-Ribbon Immersive Experience was a big part of the reason why,” says ASA Director Bjorn van Munster. “The seminars we conducted were busy throughout the show and the reactions that we received were wonderfully encouraging.
“It was also a pleasure to once again work alongside our fellow Dutch manufacturer Alcons Audio. Everyone knows that Alcons stands for quality and innovation, and we share the same philosophy. Our products support and enhance one another to create something very special, as shown by the success of the Pro-Ribbon Immersive Experience. We look forward continuing our cooperation in the future.”
“We have always said that the best way to experience the quality and power of our systems is to hear them for yourself,” adds Alcons co-founder Tom Back. “As well as working with our regular partners on the Pro-Ribbon Immersive Experience, we were very happy to team up with ASA to demonstrate immersive solutions for the live production market.”
The reaction from visitors was extremely positive to the various presentations and Tom notes that many residential visitors compared the different demonstration rooms and felt Alcons was the unofficial Best of Show. “Audience expectations have never been higher and we again showed that, by working collaboratively, sound and vision manufacturers can deliver the very best in both mediums,” he concludes.
The full Alcons specification for the Alcons Pro-Ribbon Immersive Experience at ISE 2017 was:
- Front channel: Three CRMS 3-way reference screen system (1x15”, 1x8”, 1xRBN401 4” pro-ribbon) in bi-amped configuration.
- Front LFE: Two CB181sl, 18” shallow subwoofer.
- Side LFE: Two CB181sl, 18” shallow subwoofer.
- Front Width channels: Two CRMS-SR 2-way compact reference surround (1x8”, 1xRBN401 4” pro-ribbon).
- Side surround: Two CRMSC-SR 2-way compact reference surround (1x6.5”, 1xRBN202 2” pro-ribbon).
- Rear surround: Two CRMSC-SR 2-way compact reference surround (1x6.5”, 1xRBN202 2” pro-ribbon).
- Front + Rear Height channels: Five CRMSC-SR, 2-way compact reference surrounds (1x6.5”, 1xRBN202 2” pro-ribbon).
- Top channel: One CRMSC-SR, 2-way compact reference surround (1x6.5”, 1xRBN202 2” pro-ribbon).
- Amplification: Six Sentinel 4-channel proprietary designed amplified loudspeaker controllers. 24 amp. channels with full AES3 96kHz digital signal feed.
Alcons Audio is a Dutch manufacturer of professional sound systems for quality-conscious clients in the cinema, installation and rental/touring industry. The Alcons Audio team continuously strives for obtaining the most natural possible sound reproduction at any SPL with utmost day-to-day consistency and reliability. This is achieved through a tameless curiosity combined with a fearless drive to develop and implement unconventional technologies and techniques. Alcons’ multiple-patented high-power pro-ribbon technology is just one example.
www.alconsaudio.com | www.astroaudio.eu | www.barco.com/residential | www.trinnov.com | www.dreamscreen.no